Memoirs of a Country Doll

A doll tells the story of her adventuresome life in rural England. This story, written by an 11 year old girl in the style of a dolls autobiography these stories are delightfully fresh and childlike at the same time. We follow her from her start in a long box in a store in Soho through several 'mothers', travels, illnesses and adventures.


By : Mary Curtis (c. 1842 - )

01 - My Purchase and Two Mothers



02 - Ellen Green



03 - My Sickness



04 - Emma's Cousin - My Next Mama



05 - Gardening



06 - Blackberrying



07 - Balls, Parties, etc.



08 - Dolls Correspondence



09 - The Seashore



10 - An Accident



11 - Quarrelsome Mothers



12 - The Snow-Men



13 - The Theatre



14 - My Stage Experience



15 - The Pantomine



16 - My Next Mother



17 - Nutting



18 - An Old Maid and a Grandmother



19 - Accidents



20 - Conclusion

Comments

Random Post